Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday Brunch

This weekend marked another Cabbagetown Festival, an annual fall event where we live.
On Sunday we hosted a little brunch party for family and a few friends. I snapped these photos before people arrived; the 'calm before the storm' so to speak...

I always get satisfaction when the house is readied for guests. Fresh flowers, that extra level of tidiness and attention to detail... all add up to the 'homestead' looking as good as it can on a given day!
The get together was a relaxed success- easy for me and the company to get comfortable, chat, drink some decent coffee and eat too much...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your style; what a lovely home! And I feel slightly dorky. I was on one of my fave thrifting blogs, Thrifted Treasure, today, and I saw you on her blogroll. Checked you out, see you're also a Toronto peep, and that I'm on your blogroll! Funny how that can happen in the blogging world: you can travel across the world and then end up in your own backyard! Now that I know you're out there I will return!