Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lovely Frocks

...a sneak peek at some of the 6 glorious 1930's-1940's little girl's dresses I picked up at the Sunday Antique Market today. My heart skipped a beat as I saw these lying on a table. The gentleman who sells vintage cameras had gotten a box of these with his auction lot and wanted to dispose of them. Yes please! Many had already sold he said. If these were the lesser of the group I must have missed out on some amazing pieces. I never dwell on that thought though. In my world of the Sunday Market every item goes to the rightful person including myself... it's all good as they say!
I wasted no time in giving them a nice wash in the sink and hanging them in the sun to dry. Next step is a little mending where needed and then a good ironing.
Look for them in my vintage etsy shop very soon...

3 comments:

Alettesiriane said...

These are lovely,here they used to isolate walls with clothes,so sometimes the most wonderful creations come forth!

Patricia said...

I want to make a drawing of these!

FoundVintageStyle said...

they are certainly worthy of drawing! Would love to see the results...