Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring in My Neighbourhood

As I was walking in my lovely neighbourhood today, on my way to pick up strawberries at the supermarket, I stopped to take a couple of pictures. I live in a lovely Victorian enclave in the city of Toronto, called Cabbagetown. People are very house proud around here and that includes their gardens.

May is a glorious month with spring flowers in abundance, crisp air; not yet the oppressive heat of summer... I love this short season; it seems everyone appreciates the fine weather after months of cold winter!

Well, I am off to turn those strawberries into a fruit salad... I hope everyone has a beautiful week. Enjoy the flowers!

2 comments:

Gra said...

These photos are gorgeous! I love how I can almost smell the dirt and the tulips.

I have experienced "spring" for the first time, as this is the first spring for me outside of California. It certainly is glorious seeing all four seasons.

Grace@PoeticHome said...

These photos are gorgeous! I love how I can almost smell the dirt and the tulips.

I have experienced "spring" for the first time, as this is the first spring for me outside of California. It certainly is glorious seeing all four seasons.