Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love These Miniatures

I am so taken by these sweet pieces... they are 'keepers', I just can't part with them.

I have a group of them from an estate I am handling. I will be ruthless with myself and list the others but the 5 in the above photo have a permanent home on my studio shelf!

They were collected over the years by an artist. I love the fine craftsmanship in some and the simple folk art style of others. Together they create magic in their honest beauty. They just make me smile.

5 comments:

Krystyna81 said...

I don't think I could part with those, either! Fabulous. There's something about holding something sweet and precious in the palm of your hand.

Anonymous said...

What amazing details and craftsmanship! Each looks like the "real" piece of furniture, and I would have no idea that they were miniatures.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol, these are so lovely - I also have a little miniature chair collection myself :-) I love the rocking chair.
love Debra x

Waterrose said...

You are stronger then I am...I don't think I could part with any.

Leililaloo said...

They are truly adorable. I could not part with any of them either. I love folkart! these are so delicate and sensitive, very very nice.